CWS TV- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I apply for the service?
You can apply for the service online @ tv.cwseychelles.com or by visiting any of our customer service outlets.
- What are the application minimum requirements?
*Applicant must at least be 18 years old; *Applicant must provide all the required valid requirements such as proof of ID and proof of address; *Applicant must settle any outstanding bills with CWS
- If the current fixed line bill is not in my name, can I apply for CWS TV?
Yes, provided that you get written and signed confirmation from the account holder
- I have a prepaid voice and/or internet service with CWS. Can I apply for CWS TV?
Yes- your fixed voice and broadband service is not related to your TV service
- How long will it take for the service to be installed after I have applied?
-Existing ADSL broadband customers- May take up to 5 working days
-Existing Fixed Line Voice customers- May take up to 8 working days
-Households without existing CWS infrastructure may take up to 3 weeks due to mandatory Technical feasibility survey and ground work
- What do I need for CWS TV to work?
A copper line from CWS which is capable of supporting at least 20Mbps of local bandwidth
- Do I need to have a satellite dish?
No- CWS TV installation requires only the copper line
- Do I need to have an ADSL Broadband connection?
No. CWS TV installation requires only the copper line for its transmission. The copper line is used only for the delivery of services. You can have only a TV service without ADSL broadband. Similarly you can have only an ADSL broadband without fixed Voice services.
- Do I need to have a fixed line voice connection?
No. CWS TV installation requires only the copper line for its transmission. The copper line is used only for the delivery of services. You can have only a TV service without a Fixed Voice service. Similarly you can have only a fixed Voice service without ADSL broadband.
-Installation Fee- Currently FREE
-STB Fee- Option 1- SR1495 (Inc VAT) one off or Option 2- rent @ SR50 (Inc VAT) per month (for postpaid only)
- What is the warranty on STB?
- What is the warranty on remote?
- Can I use my own STB?
No, only STBs provided by CWS can be used.
- Can I use my current provider’s decoder?
No, only STBs provided by CWS can be used.
- Can I use my current provider’s COAX Cable?
No, only CWS’ copper wire can be used.
- Will CWS TV work on my TV set?
CWS TV supports HDMI port and RCA (red, white & yellow) ports. All TV sets have at least RCA port so you should be ok.
- My STB is faulty- how much is it for a replacement?
Option 1 for Prepaid & Postpaid- SR1495 if outside of warranty, FREE if the fault is identified as factory defect and the fault is within your warranty eligible period.
Option 2 for Postpaid only- Free replacement if you are signed up to the monthly STB rental scheme.
- My remote is faulty- how much is it for a replacement?
SR259 (Inc VAT)
- What are the subscription types available?
CWS TV packages are available in Postpaid and Prepaid subscriptions. For postpaid you also have an option of renting the STB @ SR50 (inc VAT) per month.
- What happens if I fail to pay on time?
-For prepaid subscription your service will be disconnected automatically if you do not renew before the due date. Service restored automatically once subscription payment is made.
-For Postpaid- our credit control friendly agents will get in touch with you to see when you can make payments, understanding the situation and also advise you on ways to prevent your service from being disconnected.
- Where can I pay for my monthly package subscription?
Online via eShop, at any of our popular Cable Kiosks or at any of our customer service outlets and partner outlets (Double Click on Mahe & Praslin, JPL at Eden Plazza)
- How long will it take for reconnection of service after payment is made?
- Will I be charged a reconnection fee?
- Will I get notification of my due payment date?
Yes. On screen and via SMS to your mobile.
- Can I receive my billing statement via email?
Yes. Simply apply for FREE at any of our customer service outlets.
- What are the charges on your first bill?
We bill one month in advance for post-paid. Your first bill reflects pro-rata charges (proportional fees from activation date to bill date) and subscription charges for the current period. If you have opted to have your STB as one-off and charged to your bill (i.e you opted not to pay upfront) , this will be reflected as well.
- Can I move from post-paid to prepaid and Vice-Versa?
- What types of packages are available?
We have 3 packages available. Please visit the following link for details: http://tv.cwseychelles.com/packages.php
- How much do they costs?
Please visit the following link for details- http://tv.cwseychelles.com/packages.php
- What type of channels do you have?
We have a wide variety of channels across all genres. Please visit the following link for details http://tv.cwseychelles.com/packages.php
- My current provider has certain channels which I do not see in the CWS TV bouquets. Why is that?
All of CWS’ channels are legal & legitimately acquired, respecting the regional distribution content rights of owners. CWS endeavours to get the best content to Seychelles whilst respecting the law and trade rights. Consequently, CWS is confident that its selection of channels is representative of what most viewers wish to see and will continue to add new channels to enhance its content line-up. CWS advises customers to keep putting their request for content/channels forward and the company will endeavour to acquire those content if the legal framework permits.
- Do I have to sign a contract?
You will be binded to the CWS TV terms & conditions (Ts & Cs). See Ts&Cs on the registration page.
- Can I downgrade my package at any time?
You can downgrade your package at the beginning of each billing cycle.
- Can I upgrade my package at any time?
- Do you have Dual View & how much does it cost?
YES. The second package carries the same subscription rates as the standard packages.
- How many packages/STB can I have per copper line?
Up to 2 in the dual view mode.
- If I have requested for my voice line to be barred outgoing, do I still get CWS TV?
YES. Your phone service has no impact on your TV service.
- During Happy Hours’ the broadband internet download speed is slower due to the Fair Usage Policy (FUP) applied during this time. Will my CWS TV be affected during Happy Hours?
Your Internet does not impact your TV service in any way. The Happy Hours FUP is applied on International bandwidth capacity and not on local bandwidth capacity which is used to deliver your TV service. Additionally, your TV service has the highest priority amongst the other services (Voice, Internet etc) during concurrent use to assure excellent quality at all times.
- Will my CWS TV service increase my broadband internet usage/bill?
No. Your CWS TV service has no impact on your broadband internet usage and bill.
- Do you have Electronic Program Guide (EPG)?
Yes. We have a very intuitive and dynamic real time EPG.
- The STB is very small, how does the recording work, where is it stored?
Everything is stored in your private CWS cloud storage.
- I am having difficulties operating some of the features of my service. Who can help me?
Please make reference to the online user guide @ http://tv.cwseychelles.com/page.php?q=user-guide . If you’re still unsuccessful kindly call 121 (24/7) and one of our agents will assist you.
- My CWSTV is not working, what do I do?
Please restart you modem & STB after checking that there are no loose cables.
- Which number do I call if I need assistance?
Call 121 our 24/7 support line and one of our very friendly agents will assist you.